Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Emily's New Shoes

My friend, Shannon, found a great website for baby shoes: http://www.babysoftshoes.com/. Check it out. They are handmade by a Home Engineer (stay at home mom) who is very creative and very handy with a sewing machine.

Shannon found this website before Emily was born and before we knew if she was a girl or boy. Shannon and Kendra wanted to order some shoes and so did I. Turns out Julie found out what the sex of the baby was but was not going to tell. I let her tell Shannon and Kendra. Then I picked out a couple different boys and girls styles and let Shannon and Kendra pick out what shoes the baby would get. When we checked into the hotel in Des Moines, the shoes were waiting for us, though we didn't open the package until after Emily was born and the little pink Mary Janes were adorable!. You can see a picture of them on one of my first blogs.

We were told by the daycare provider, Jen, that Emily LOVES to watch Dora. So, of course, I got her some Dora shoes. The first time I put them on her, she smiled and babbled and cooed and just loved her feet. That was also the first time she discovered her feet. Now she gets so excited when you put the Dora shoes on her feet. I have to admit, it's aDORAble!




1 comment:

  1. Awww I just read the comment you posted on my baby soft shoes blog. Thank you!! for posting these pictures!!! :) awwwww she's so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete