Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My First Mother's Day

The day after Mic's graduation was Mother's Day - my first mother's day. I was not looking forward to the long drive home but I was excited to see Emily that morning.

I had spent the week before passively hinting to Kevin about what I wanted for Mother's Day. He didn't understand why it was such a big deal since I wasn't his mother. After explaining his relationship to his daughter and her age, I guess he understood.

Mother's Day morning, I was presented with a nicely wrapped gift. "Happy Mother's Day from Emily" said the grumpy, hung over husband.



It is a beautiful necklace of a mother and child. I have wanted one of these necklaces for as long as I can recall.



Everytime I look at that necklace, I will be able to remember my first Mother's Day with my husband and daughter, no matter what shape either of them were in.

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful necklace, I Kevin is so funny... thanks for supper! it was great!

    ReplyDelete