Thursday, August 6, 2009

Anniversary Celebration

After the parade in Indianola, we hit the craft fair. There was a lot to look at and lots to buy. I held back though, and only bought a few things. One was this frame. I had gotten frames like this for the dogs that are on our refrigerator. Unfortunately the dog pictures have not made it in the frames yet, but they are there.

So I decided I'd better hurry and fill this frame and not just let it sit around. This is the finished product. I'm so proud.


After hitting all of the vendors, we sat down and realized that it was my parents's 43rd wedding anniversary on August 6th and we hadn't gotten them anything. We decided to go back to the picture frame guy and get a frame with all of the grandchildren's names and pictures. I told him I needed a Taylor, a Jessica and another Emily. He asked me how to spell Emily. Evidently there are many, many ways to spell Emily and he had many different spellings - Emaleigh, EmmaLeigh, Emilee, Emilie. He said he tried to get every possible spelling of every name so he would have it all on hand. I was impressed.

He put the frame together and I said "No. You have the names in the wrong order!"
He said, "You can take the back off and change them around." I felt kind of dumb.

When we got home, I emailed my brother to ask him for wallet sized pictures of his girls. He immediately forwarded me to his wife. I knew I should have started with her first! After a lot of discussion, we decided to use Taylor and Jessica's school pictures and Emily's three month picture. I think it turned out well. Aren't they adorable!


Grandma and Grandpa loved the picture. Grandpa wanted to take it to his office at St. Ambrose University in Davenport, but Grandma said no. The nice thing about this picture is they can change the picture as the girls get older and if there are any more grandchildren (better get busy) you can add to the frame.

After dinner we took a picture of Grandma and Grandpa with Emily.
Happy 43rd Anniversary, Mom and Dad/Jeff and Audrey/Grandma and Grandpa! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment