Thursday, June 4, 2009

What We Learned About Pacifiers

The other night, we lost Emily's favorite pink pacifier. We thought "No big deal. We have other pacifiers."

After a long day at work and grocery shopping and a headache I thought would never end, we got home, fed Emily and got her ready for bed. A little while later she started to wail and we frantically searched for the pacifier to stick in her cute little screaming mouth. Of course, couldn't find the favorite pink one. I grabbed a cheap one out of the cupboard and stuck it in her mouth. She hated it before but I crossed my fingers that she would like it now. Naturally, she hated it. We both tried to comfort her in any way possible.

Desperate and ready to run to the store in my pajamas to buy a new pacifier, I thought I would try a bottle nipple and Good Golly Miss Molly it worked! I couldn't believe it. I was patting myself on the back and congratulating myself when my husband told me not to get too cocky because she's not asleep yet.

She did finally fall asleep and everything was good. The next day I went to the store fully clothed and purchased some more Soothie Newborn pacifiers.



Once we got home, I noticed one of the dogs chewing up the nipple that I had used the night before as a pacifier. Cursing under my breath I threw away what was left of the nearly new nipple and wondered just where the pink pacifier went to.

We have also learned that the dogs and the cat love these pacifiers almost as much as Emily does!

No comments:

Post a Comment